Saturday, January 8, 2011

Devin Michael Nurre was born at 11:11am on 12/12/10 on a cold winter day at Southview Hospital in Dayton, Ohio.





Kris was induced and waited 48 hours until it was determined that a Cesarean section was necessary as she did not progress beyond 1 centimeter.


Devin's first response was to urinate on his surgeon, Dr. Byerly. He weighed 5 pounds 2 ounces and was 17 inches long. He scored 8 on his 1 minute apgar and 9 on his 5 minute apgar. Perfect and healthy with a full head of blond hair. He was so active with his hands, just like on all his ultrasound images! He would hold them up to his eyes to block bright light. He got a sponge bath and was not very happy. He surprised us by turning into a voracious eater despite his small size. Kris, Dave, Pete and I stayed with him in the hospital. He was visited by Kris's family and Dave's family as well as many friends and coworkers. He loved being held by everyone.









Devin went to the hotel with Pete and I after Kris was released from the hospital. There we would visit with Kris, Sue, and Dave. Aunt Leenie also flew in from Southern California to meet Little D.





Then the day arrived to take him to California. It turned out to be a little more eventful than one would have hoped for due to dislocating my arm just prior to leaving. SuperDave replaced it just before the ambulance arrived. It was hard to say goodbye at the airport, but it is not goodbye for long as I know we will see Kris and Dave soon. Devin never made one sound during the 12 hours of travel time 2 days before Christmas through 3 airports. What an amazing traveler!





1 comment:

  1. Devin, you are an angel sent from heaven. I love you with all of my heart and miss you so much! You are and will be so blessed with your huge family and all the love surrounding you!
    Jen and Pete,
    I thank you for being so wonderful in so many ways. I cannot express into words how I feel other than to tell you that I love you both very much and I am so happy that we united and connected our families together. I thank God for all of my blessings in life, my sons, you both, and Dave; My cup runneth over!!

    ReplyDelete